From: JP... on
I am using a datagrid on several forms within the same VB 6.0 project. I
have it's datasource as an ADO data control. I load the datacontrol from an
SQL and the info is populated into the datagrid. I am using the grid on
about four forms. On the last form, everytime I make a change in any cell
and try to move to the next column I get the following error:
"Key column Information is insufficient or incorrect. Too many rows were
affected by update."

This has not happened on any other form. I've deleted the form and
reprogrammed it.... still no change... I've deleted the form, closed the
project and reopened it...and reprogrammed the form...no change. Can anyone
tell me what's going on so I can fix it? I don't want it to affect the other
forms that are working fine, but I Need this one to work. thanks
From: Phil Hunt on
Just a guess.
Does the data source include the primary key. Primary key is needed to make
change on the database.

From: Helmut Meukel on
"JP..." <JP...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I am using a datagrid on several forms within the same VB 6.0 project. I
> have it's datasource as an ADO data control. I load the datacontrol from an
> SQL and the info is populated into the datagrid. I am using the grid on
> about four forms. On the last form, everytime I make a change in any cell
> and try to move to the next column I get the following error:
> "Key column Information is insufficient or incorrect. Too many rows were
> affected by update."
>
> This has not happened on any other form. I've deleted the form and
> reprogrammed it.... still no change... I've deleted the form, closed the
> project and reopened it...and reprogrammed the form...no change. Can anyone
> tell me what's going on so I can fix it? I don't want it to affect the other
> forms that are working fine, but I Need this one to work. thanks

You are not using the same SQL for all four forms, right?
Or are you displaying the same data simultaneously on four forms?

If you are displaying different sets of data on the forms:
Did you try to switch the SQL for form4 to form2 and vice versa?
What happened?
Seems to me you have a problem with your data, not with the datagrid.

Helmut.

From: JP... on
Phil, thanks. I have date, Trip, Leg ...the three comprise the key in the
Access database. In this particular form I have trip and leg combined into
one field...and that won't get it. It is too late today to try this fix, but
I will do so tomorrow morning. I think you are 100% right... But I'll let
you know tomorrow...

thanks a million...this has been driving me nuts (and that ain't a long trip
anymore :0).
--
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me...

JP

"Phil Hunt" wrote:

> Just a guess.
> Does the data source include the primary key. Primary key is needed to make
> change on the database.
> "JP..." <JP...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using a datagrid on several forms within the same VB 6.0 project. I
> > have it's datasource as an ADO data control. I load the datacontrol from
> > an
> > SQL and the info is populated into the datagrid. I am using the grid on
> > about four forms. On the last form, everytime I make a change in any cell
> > and try to move to the next column I get the following error:
> > "Key column Information is insufficient or incorrect. Too many rows were
> > affected by update."
> >
> > This has not happened on any other form. I've deleted the form and
> > reprogrammed it.... still no change... I've deleted the form, closed the
> > project and reopened it...and reprogrammed the form...no change. Can
> > anyone
> > tell me what's going on so I can fix it? I don't want it to affect the
> > other
> > forms that are working fine, but I Need this one to work. thanks
>

> .

Pages: 1
Prev: VB6 and Excel
Next: Executables