From: Harry Potter on
DataX is supposed to be a general-purpose database management
application created under cc65 using my Fields library. It could work
on the Commodore 64, Plus 4 and 128 and the Apple 2 series. DataX
could have different field types, including text, number, check and
selection fields. You can also put fields anywhere and give help for
each field. It will probably require some memory expansion. I find
Handy-Filer 64 to be small, useful and sufficient for my purposes,
though. Is this a good idea? I'd appreciate any feedback.
-----------------------
Joseph Rose, a.k.a. Harry Potter
Working magic in the computer community...or at least striving to! :(
From: commodorejohn on
News flash for Joseph Rose: NOBODY USES YOUR PROGRAMS ANYWAY.
From: BruceMcF on
On Mar 12, 11:41 am, Harry Potter <maspethro...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> DataX is supposed to be a general-purpose database management
> application created under cc65 using my Fields library.  It could work
> on the Commodore 64, Plus 4 and 128 and the Apple 2 series.  DataX
> could have different field types, including text, number, check and
> selection fields.  You can also put fields anywhere and give help for
> each field.  It will probably require some memory expansion.  I find
> Handy-Filer 64 to be small, useful and sufficient for my purposes,
> though.  Is this a good idea?  I'd appreciate any feedback.
> -----------------------
> Joseph Rose, a.k.a. Harry Potter
> Working magic in the computer community...or at least striving to! :(

It would be most useful if it worked on comma seperated value info.
Then the files could be generated or processed in Basic, and could be
generated or input into almost any spreadsheet.
From: Clocky on
Harry Potter wrote:
> DataX is supposed to be a general-purpose database management
> application created under cc65 using my Fields library. It could work
> on the Commodore 64, Plus 4 and 128 and the Apple 2 series. DataX
> could have different field types, including text, number, check and
> selection fields. You can also put fields anywhere and give help for
> each field. It will probably require some memory expansion. I find
> Handy-Filer 64 to be small, useful and sufficient for my purposes,
> though. Is this a good idea? I'd appreciate any feedback.

As useless as your posts.

From: Bill Garber on

"Clocky" <notgonn(a)happen.com> wrote in message news:4b9af30f$0$27850$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com...
> Harry Potter wrote:
>> DataX is supposed to be a general-purpose database management
>> application created under cc65 using my Fields library. It could work
>> on the Commodore 64, Plus 4 and 128 and the Apple 2 series. DataX
>> could have different field types, including text, number, check and
>> selection fields. You can also put fields anywhere and give help for
>> each field. It will probably require some memory expansion. I find
>> Handy-Filer 64 to be small, useful and sufficient for my purposes,
>> though. Is this a good idea? I'd appreciate any feedback.
>
> As useless as your posts.

"Harry Potter and the Software That's Doomed"

Which sequel would this be, like 23rd? LMAO!!!!!!!