From: bob123 on
Hi,

Is a database 32-bit certified on a win 64-bit OS
It seems not but the certification matrix is not clear about tis
have you any clue ?

Thanks

From: Michel Cadot on

"bob123" <bob123(a)gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4c605be5$0$20730$426a34cc(a)news.free.fr...
| Hi,
|
| Is a database 32-bit certified on a win 64-bit OS
| It seems not but the certification matrix is not clear about tis
| have you any clue ?
|
| Thanks

Yes, why don't you ask Oracle?

Regards
Michel

From: Mark D Powell on
On Aug 9, 3:50 pm, "bob123" <bob...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  Is a database 32-bit certified on a win 64-bit OS
>  It seems not but the certification matrix is not clear about tis
>  have you any clue ?
>
>  Thanks

I agree in that the certification matrix lists only the Oracle version
name 9.2, 10gR1, etc …, while listing the OS as Windows Whatever 32
bit or later 64 bit.

As far as I know Oracle only certifies Windows 32 bit Oracle on 32 bit
Windows however that does not mean that it will not run. If you have
a support contract you should be able to switch from 32 bit Oracle to
64 bit Oracle without extra charge.

For anyone unfamiliar with how to find the Oracle certifications for
Windows look at the following two support notes :

Oracle Product Lines - Tips for finding Certification Information
#964664.1

Locate Oracle Database Server Certification Information for Microsoft
Windows Platforms #1062972.1

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

From: joel garry on
On Aug 9, 12:50 pm, "bob123" <bob...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  Is a database 32-bit certified on a win 64-bit OS
>  It seems not but the certification matrix is not clear about tis
>  have you any clue ?
>
>  Thanks

You also may run into version specific bugs like 3807408 (ORA-12154
because the 64 bit OS installs 32 bit programs in a directory that has
a parenthesis in the name that hits an Oracle bug where you can't run
an executable that is in a directory with a parenthesis in its
name...) etc.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.