From: sChapman on
How can you find out if a query has been run on a database? The reason
is we would like to see if a database has been accessed in the last
three months and if not, we will archive the database and remove it
from the server to create space. Thanks.
From: TheSQLGuru on
Just a general question: why don't you jus add more space? :-)

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.

From: TheSQLGuru on
This is not possible under normal scenarios, especially for select
statements. Newer versions of sql server CAN do this type of stuff, but you
have work to do to make it happen.

There are some very expensive third party products that could help I think,
that do things like network packet sniffing to find all queries sent to a
server.

From: Michael MacGregor on
Which version of SQL Server?

Michael MacGregor

From: sChapman on
On 18 May, 18:55, "TheSQLGuru" <kgbo...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> Just a general question:  why don't you jus add more space?  :-)

That is not possible in our environment, we have 5.6TB capacity and we
have around 2000 databases! we run out of space quite regularly.
Adding more space increases costs (impacts backup capcity etc.) and
makes it harder to manage the huge size/number.

We are using Sql Server 2005. We can not move to 2008 as yet as the
software we use does not support 2008.