From: spunkymuffmonkey on
Hi Community,

I was hoping to seek some guidance or pointers regarding the
extracting/querying of db information into Word Documents.

In a nutshell I create many form templates for our end users (Social
Workers) which they complete on behalf of or regarding our customers. These
customers will most likely have been added in our customer database (an
Oracle db) and I was hoping that I would be able to reduce the amount of
information end users have to enter into a new form by getting the users to
type in the Oracle Customer ID and the document to retrieve what information
it can automatically from the db.

I am using Word 2003 and any pointers, guidance, links to KB articles would
be very much appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
Take a look at
http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/3358411/Connecting-with-Oracle-Accessing-Oracle-via-Access-and-Excel.htm

Once you get the data in Access or Excel, you could use the information on
the following page of Greg Maxey's website to load it into a combobox

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"spunkymuffmonkey" <spunkymuffmonkey(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F62D2DF1-498E-4C58-A6E3-78153EFA18BA(a)microsoft.com...

From: spunkymuffmonkey on
Many thanks.