From: Lee7763 on
Hi,
I am a very new Access database user.
I am using the Microsoft Access function called “Get External Data” to
create link tables to an Oracle 11 G R2 database. My problem is that Access
is adding the database name to the names of all the link tables instead of
just creating link tables with the original Oracle database name. Eg a table
on the Oracle database is called “com_user” but is created by Access as a
link table called “databasename_com_user”
Unfortunately all my automated test scripts that use the Access link tables
fail because they do not recognize the link table names.

Do you know how I can remove the database name from the link tables or even
better stop access adding the database name to the link tables when get the
external data.

Many Thanks

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef

Set db = CurrentDb
For Each tdf In db.TableDefs
If Left(tdf.Name, 13) = "databasename_" Then
tdfName = Mid(tdfName, 14)
End If
Next tdf

Set tdf = Nothing
Set db = Nothing

(Don't forget to change the values 13 and 14 to correspond to the actual
string you're trying for which you're looking)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Lee7763" <Lee7763(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am a very new Access database user.
> I am using the Microsoft Access function called "Get External Data" to
> create link tables to an Oracle 11 G R2 database. My problem is that
> Access
> is adding the database name to the names of all the link tables instead of
> just creating link tables with the original Oracle database name. Eg a
> table
> on the Oracle database is called "com_user" but is created by Access as a
> link table called "databasename_com_user"
> Unfortunately all my automated test scripts that use the Access link
> tables
> fail because they do not recognize the link table names.
>
> Do you know how I can remove the database name from the link tables or
> even
> better stop access adding the database name to the link tables when get
> the
> external data.
>
> Many Thanks

Pages: 1