From: Mark on
I am using Excel 97.

Is there a way to customise the form in the Data menu?

--
Mark
From: Bob Phillips on
No. that is what userforms are for.

--

HTH

RP

From: Tom Ogilvy on
I agree with Bob that useforms are the way to go, but contrary to Bob, I
believe there is a way to customize the dataform using xl4 macro commands.
I don't have reference handy that shows how to do it unfortunately - but
again, it is easier to roll you own. If you aren't interested in that, you
can look a John Walkenbach's site where he has done it for you:.

John Walkenbach has an enhanced data form that opens with the record of
the active cell. You can download a free version, and the VBA code is
available for purchase if you need that level of control.

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/dataform.htm

I have never used it, but have seen it recommended several times.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

From: Bob Phillips on
Thanks for the info Tom. I have never used it either, and I tend to avoid
XL4 solutions, but I will certainly check it out.

Bob

"Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> I agree with Bob that useforms are the way to go, but contrary to Bob, I
> believe there is a way to customize the dataform using xl4 macro commands.
> I don't have reference handy that shows how to do it unfortunately - but
> again, it is easier to roll you own. If you aren't interested in that,
you
> can look a John Walkenbach's site where he has done it for you:.
>
> John Walkenbach has an enhanced data form that opens with the record of
> the active cell. You can download a free version, and the VBA code is
> available for purchase if you need that level of control.
>
> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/dataform.htm
>
> I have never used it, but have seen it recommended several times.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Tom Ogilvy
>

> "Mark" <Mark(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using Excel 97.
> >
> > Is there a way to customise the form in the Data menu?
> >
> > --
> > Mark

Pages: 1
Next: Fileformat XLText