From: James Brazelton on
Sorry, I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I tried to use the
code you mention and I had some problems with it. When I use:

Private Sub MemoFieldName_AfterUpdate()
If IsNull(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue) Then
Me.MemoFieldName = Now & " " & Me.MemoFieldName
Else
Me.MemoFieldName = Left(Me.MemoFieldName, Len
(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue)) &
" " & Now & " " & Right(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName) - Len
(Me.
MemoFieldName.OldValue))
End If
Me.Dirty = False
End Sub

The problem I have is as you mention: If I want to edit the memo field
after I've entered something, I have to close the form and then reopen
it. Otherwise, when I try to edit it, I get an error. Is there any way
around this?