From: caro on
I am trying to count records where the scheduled date is greater than the
current date. All Dates (past visits and scheduled visits) are listed in the
Date of Awareness field. The expressions I have tried include:
=IIF(DateDiff("d", [Date of Awareness], Date()>1,1,0))
=Abs(Sum([Date of Awareness]> Date()))
Please let me know if I am even on the right track.
-Caro
From: Jeff Boyce on
Where are you doing this? In a query?

Could you use a query, include the [Date of Awareness] field, and in the
criteria, use something like (untested):

>Date()

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Duane Hookom on
What was the result for
=Abs(Sum([Date of Awareness]> Date()))
Where did you enter this? What section of the report?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: KARL DEWEY on
Your =IIF(DateDiff("d", [Date of Awareness], Date()>1,1,0))
has closing parenthesis misplaced like this --
=IIF(DateDiff("d", [Date of Awareness], Date())>1,1,0)

Your =Abs(Sum([Date of Awareness]> Date()))
is missing an IIF like this --
=Abs(Sum(IIF([Date of Awareness]> Date(), 1, 0)))
and it does not need the Abs function.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Duane Hookom on
Karl,
Aren't these the same:
=Abs(Sum([Date of Awareness]> Date()))
=Abs(Sum(IIF([Date of Awareness]> Date(), 1, 0)))

This expression will return -1 for true or 0 for false
[Date of Awareness]> Date()

If you Sum() this expression, it will return a negative count of the number
of records that return true.

Changing the negative to positive with Abs() should provide the same value
as your suggestion. Or, did I miss something?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP