From: Keith on
I'm trying to convert "mm/dd/yyyy hh:nn:ss" date format to just time using
DatePart function.

I've used DatePart("hh:nn",[TimeIn]) and it returns "Error".

I've used TEMP: DatePart("h",[TimeIn]) & ":" & DatePart("n",[TimeIn]) and it
returns the time; however, I can't compare the result to other time since it
returns the results in text format.

Any suggestions?

Keith
From: Marshall Barton on
Keith wrote:

>I'm trying to convert "mm/dd/yyyy hh:nn:ss" date format to just time using
>DatePart function.
>
>I've used DatePart("hh:nn",[TimeIn]) and it returns "Error".
>
>I've used TEMP: DatePart("h",[TimeIn]) & ":" & DatePart("n",[TimeIn]) and it
>returns the time; however, I can't compare the result to other time since it
>returns the results in text format.

That would be a complicated way to get the time part of a
date/time value. Try using the TimeValue function instead.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Keith on