From: DMackey828 on
Hey All,
Any one ever play with one of these Super Expanders?

Any Tips on setting it up/Programming Etc...

Figured I would ask before I start on it. I've had one for
awhile now but have not had the time to play with it..

TIA
From: Dmackey828 on
On Sat, 08 May 2010 19:25:49 -0400, DMackey828 <n2dvm(a)NOSPAMarrl.net>
wrote:

>Hey All,
>Any one ever play with one of these Super Expanders?
>
>Any Tips on setting it up/Programming Etc...
>
>Figured I would ask before I start on it. I've had one for
>awhile now but have not had the time to play with it..
>

>TIA

I was able to get some working ROMS. The big pain is,
Some roms don't like it IF you shut the board off, Some
programs require it to be off. This is a selection in the ROM
generator menu, It's all trial and error. I spent a good deal
of time erasing UV Eproms... Guess I better stock up on
EEPROMS instead. They only take miliseconds to erase...

From: Clocky on
Dmackey828 wrote:
> On Sat, 08 May 2010 19:25:49 -0400, DMackey828 <n2dvm(a)NOSPAMarrl.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey All,
>> Any one ever play with one of these Super Expanders?
>>
>> Any Tips on setting it up/Programming Etc...
>>
>> Figured I would ask before I start on it. I've had one for
>> awhile now but have not had the time to play with it..
>>

>> TIA
>

> I was able to get some working ROMS. The big pain is,
> Some roms don't like it IF you shut the board off, Some
> programs require it to be off. This is a selection in the ROM
> generator menu, It's all trial and error. I spent a good deal
> of time erasing UV Eproms... Guess I better stock up on
> EEPROMS instead. They only take miliseconds to erase...

Yep, for development EEPROMs are the way to go. Once you got it sorted and
don't expect to make too many more changes burn to EPROM and re-use the
EEPROM. Well that works for me, anyway ;-)

From: DMackey828 on
On Wed, 12 May 2010 10:26:10 +0800, "Clocky" <notgonn(a)happen.com>
wrote:

<SNIP>

>> I was able to get some working ROMS. The big pain is,
>> Some roms don't like it IF you shut the board off, Some
>> programs require it to be off. This is a selection in the ROM
>> generator menu, It's all trial and error. I spent a good deal
>> of time erasing UV Eproms... Guess I better stock up on
>> EEPROMS instead. They only take miliseconds to erase...
>
>Yep, for development EEPROMs are the way to go. Once you got it sorted and
>don't expect to make too many more changes burn to EPROM and re-use the
>EEPROM. Well that works for me, anyway ;-)

I need to get a couple of each type that I use now. I bet you I had
to erase 15 eproms that didn't work..

Don't know unless you try.

Pages: 1
Prev: C4 Hilariousness