From: jubiiab via AccessMonster.com on
The start date and the end date is now included but I still have few more
problems.
1st: The table keep showing the date format like this: mm-dd-yyyy. Can I
change it to dd-mm-yyyy? I have tried to change the input mask in the table
but it didn't work??

2nd the iCounter is not working. I need [EveryMonth] field to start with 0
and then add the [checkEvery] value on the next. Like if the checkEvery value
is 3 then it should count like this: 0 3 6 9 12…..and so on.

[SampleID] [EveryMonth] [EveryMonthDate] [Done]
6 0 01-01-2011 (checkbox)
6 3 01-04-2011 (checkbox)
6 6 01-07-2011 (checkbox)
6 9 01-10-2012 (checkbox)
6 12 01-01-2012 (checkbox)
6 15 01-04-2012 (checkbox)
6 18 01-07-2012 (checkbox)
6 21 01-10-2012 (checkbox)
6 24 01-01-2013 (checkbox)

Below you can see the new code for the mcdInsertDate button

Private Sub cmdInsertDate_Click()

Dim dtDue As Date
Dim iCounter As Integer

dtDue = Me.StartDate 'the first due date
iCounter = Me.CheckEvery.Value

Do Until dtDue > Me.EndDate

DoCmd.SetWarnings (False)

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT Into tblDate ([SampleID],[EveryMonth],[EveryMonthDate])
Values (" & _
Me.SampleID & ", " & (Me.CheckEvery + iCounter) & ", #" & dtDue & "#)"
dtDue = DateAdd("m", Me.CheckEvery, dtDue) 'increment the due date

DoCmd.SetWarnings (True)

Loop

Me.subDueDate.Requery

End Sub

From: Daryl S on
Jubiiab -

The default date format is controlled by your Windows settings (language,
date, and regional options). You can have it display any way you want on
forms, queries, etc. by formatting the control that the date will show up in.

The results you are showing in your code look like what you are asking for.
Or are you showing what you want? If so, please show what you are getting so
we can narrow down the problem. Remember if you are testing with the same
SampleID to delete the old data from tblDate for that SampleID before adding
the new data, as you only want to see what the new code adds.

You indicated you were getting both the start and end date now, but it looks
like the startdate is removed from the code?

Can you please run the code you have and post both what was selected on the
form and the results, then tell us what the problem is with the results?

--
Daryl S

From: jubiiab via AccessMonster.com on
Hi daryl,
First I want to thank you for your time – you are truly a great person. :)

Below you see the database, tables, forms and cmdButton code I am using right
now:

Database name: Sampledb
Table name: tblSample [SampleID_PK] [StartDate] [EndDate] [CheckEvery]
Table name: tblDate [DateID_PK] [SampleID_FK] [EveryMonth] [EveryMonthDate]
[Done]
Form name: frmSample
Subform name: subDueDate

I have created a button with caption: “Insert Date” and the code is:

Private Sub cmdInsertDate_Click()

Dim dtDue As Date
Dim iCounter As Integer

dtDue = Me.StartDate 'the first due date
iCounter = Me.CheckEvery.Value

Do Until dtDue > Me.EndDate

DoCmd.SetWarnings (False)

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT Into tblDate ([SampleID],[EveryMonth],[EveryMonthDate])
Values (" & _
Me.SampleID & ", " & (Me.CheckEvery + iCounter) & ", #" & dtDue & "#)"
dtDue = DateAdd("m", Me.CheckEvery, dtDue) 'increment the due date

DoCmd.SetWarnings (True)

Loop

Me.subDueDate.Requery

End Sub

Below you see the frmSample fields and data I inter and what the result I get.

SampleID: [6]
StartDate: [01-10-2011]
EndDate: [01-10-2013]
CheckEvery: [3]

'Results I get right now from the Data above in the subDate form. Notice, I
do get the [StartDate] and [EndDate] in the table. Only [EveryMonth] is wrong:

SampleID] [EveryMonth] [EveryMonthDate] [Done]
6 3 10-01-2011 (checkbox)
6 3 01-01-2012 (checkbox)
6 3 04-01-2012 (checkbox)
6 3 07-01-2012 (checkbox)
6 3 10-01-2012 (checkbox)
6 3 01-01-2013 (checkbox)
6 3 04-01-2013 (checkbox)
6 3 07-01-2013 (checkbox)
6 3 10-01-2013 (checkbox)

I want it to look more like the table below. Notice [EveryMonth]. It starts
with 0 and adds with 3 because the value in [CheckEvery] is 3. If the value
was 6 it had to add like this 0 6 12 18….:

[SampleID] [EveryMonth] [EveryMonthDate] [Done]
6 0 01-10-2011 (checkbox)
6 3 01-01-2012 (checkbox)
6 6 01-04-2012 (checkbox)
6 9 01-07-2012 (checkbox)
6 12 01-10-2012 (checkbox)
6 15 01-01-2013 (checkbox)
6 18 01-04-2013 (checkbox)
6 21 01-07-2013 (checkbox)
6 24 01-10-2013 (checkbox)

I have been in the Controlpanel  Regional and language Options. The Date
format is set to dd-mm-yyyy but I get in the tblDate mm-dd-yyyy.

From: jubiiab via AccessMonster.com on
PLEASE NOTICE that in the eksample above I made a mistake in the result table
I get. I wrote in [EveryMonth] 3 3 3 3 3 3 3... but I get 6 6 6 6 6 6.....
becasue of this code in the cmdInsert button: (Me.CheckEvery + iCounter)

Sorry.

From: jubiiab via AccessMonster.com on
*bump

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Display a message while a form loads
Next: Combo ?