From: JLeCoure on
Quick question. I am setting up a column with a date format and want to just
enter in the month and the year ie. 03/09. However when I enter this in it
assumes that I am requesting for the current year and posts as 03/10 is
displayed. 03/09/10 in the function field. Is there a way to do this and
only enter in the month and year or do I need to enter in the full date
03/01/10?

From: FSt1 on
hi
this is excel being helpful and unless otherwize specified, excel always
seems to assume the current year. it's filling in the gaps sort of. the only
way i know to do it is to preceed the input with an apostrophe ('). excel
will then view it as text and not be helpful anymore.

regards
FSt1

From: Fred Smith on
Unfortunately, when you enter only 2/3 of a date, Excel assumes you are
entering month and day. You have three choices:
1. Enter the full date
2. Use an event macro to change your entry
3. Use a helper column to convert your entry. The formula would be something
like:
=date(month(a1),day(a1),1)

Regards,
Fred