From: Shaun Glass on
Hello All,

I am looking a repository where I can get Wine 1.2 for the version of
Debian mentioned above.

I have tried the following :

deb http://www.lamaresh.net/apt squeeze main

..... but remain at :

1.1.42

Regards

On Wednesday 28 July 2010 19:34:44 Shaun Glass wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am looking a repository where I can get Wine 1.2 for the version of
> Debian mentioned above.
>
> I have tried the following :
>
> deb http://www.lamaresh.net/apt squeeze main
>
> .... but remain at :
>
> 1.1.42
>
> Regards

I think you have to explicitly install from lamaresh:
apt-get install wine -t <apt source>

--
Peace,

Greg

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Greg Madden <gomadtroll(a)gci.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 July 2010 19:34:44 Shaun Glass wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am looking a repository where I can get Wine 1.2 for the version of
>> Debian mentioned above.
>>
>> I have tried the following :
>>
>> deb http://www.lamaresh.net/apt squeeze main
>>
>> .... but remain at :
>>
>> 1.1.42
>>
>> Regards
>
> I think you have to explicitly install from lamaresh:
> apt-get install wine -t <apt source>
>

> --
> Peace,
>
> Greg

At the moment, the newest version of wine in that repo is 1.1.42.

I dont know of any other non ubuntu repo with a newer wine version, so
you will have to build it yourself, or pull it in though PlayOnLinux (
http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ ).

Regards,

Angus.

On 29 July 2010 04:09, Angus Hedger <demidevil(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Greg Madden <gomadtroll(a)gci.net> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 28 July 2010 19:34:44 Shaun Glass wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I am looking a repository where I can get Wine 1.2 for the version of
>>> Debian mentioned above.
>>>
>>> I have tried the following :
>>>
>>> deb http://www.lamaresh.net/apt squeeze main
>>>
>>> .... but remain at :
>>>
>>> 1.1.42
>>>
>>> Regards
>>
>> I think you have to explicitly install from lamaresh:
>> apt-get install wine -t <apt source>
>>

>> --
>> Peace,
>>
>> Greg
>
> At the moment, the newest version of wine in that repo is 1.1.42.
>
> I dont know of any other non ubuntu repo with a newer wine version, so
> you will have to build it yourself, or pull it in though PlayOnLinux (
> http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ ).
>
> Regards,
>
> Angus.

Wine on Debian experimental is currently 1.1.32. I have been using it
for some time without major issues.

Just add the experimental repos and install it by issuing:

# aptitude -t experimental install wine-unstable

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:50:51AM -0300, Cassiano Leal wrote:
> On 29 July 2010 04:09, Angus Hedger <demidevil(a)gmail.com> wrote:

I've installed the ubuntu package

wine_1.2-0ubuntu1~jauntyppa1_amd64.deb

because I'm too lazy to try and learn to compile 32bit binaries on amd64 on
debian.

this ubuntu package has avahi dependency but it will have to do before a
debian package appears. I've googled for it and it is on a site pointed to by
www.winehq.org

mk