From: bondwiththebest2007 on
Hello,

When I am debugging my program I got this error. when I Ignore this
everything works fine.
When I used "retry" option to debug it went to a triggered break point
and the line it was showing was
_AFXWIN_INLINE HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxGetResourceHandle()
{ ASSERT(afxCurrentResourceHandle != NULL);
return afxCurrentResourceHandle; }

can anyone please kindly help me regarding this.

Thanks in advance
Raj.

From: Ajay Kalra on
On Jun 21, 2:36 pm, bondwiththebest2...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I am debugging my program I got this error. when I Ignore this
> everything works fine.
> When I used "retry" option to debug it went to a triggered break point
> and the line it was showing was
> _AFXWIN_INLINE HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxGetResourceHandle()
> { ASSERT(afxCurrentResourceHandle != NULL);
> return afxCurrentResourceHandle; }
>
> can anyone please kindly help me regarding this.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Raj.

It appears that you are trying to load some resources and resource
module is not set. Are you loading the module which has resoruces? If
yes, are you setting it correctly?

---
Ajay

From: Ajay Kalra on
On Jun 21, 2:36 pm, bondwiththebest2...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I am debugging my program I got this error. when I Ignore this
> everything works fine.
> When I used "retry" option to debug it went to a triggered break point
> and the line it was showing was
> _AFXWIN_INLINE HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxGetResourceHandle()
> { ASSERT(afxCurrentResourceHandle != NULL);
> return afxCurrentResourceHandle; }
>
> can anyone please kindly help me regarding this.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Raj.

In addition, you can use AfxSetResourceHandle to set the handle.

---
Ajay

From: Tom Serface on
In addition to Ajay's suggestion, this could happen if you load another
resource file and a resource is missing from it (I.E., it is in the main
resources, but not in a satellite resource file that may have been created
previously).

Tom

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
The resource handle is NULL. This is bad. So we need to know (a) the nature of your
program (b) where you are calling the method that triggers this error and (c) the
backtrace of the call stack.

This is the sort of bug you might get if you have a static constructor that calls a
function that requires a call on AfxGetResourceHandle, but there is so very little
information here that it is impossible figure out what might have happened.
joe

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:36:58 -0700, bondwiththebest2007(a)gmail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>When I am debugging my program I got this error. when I Ignore this
>everything works fine.
>When I used "retry" option to debug it went to a triggered break point
>and the line it was showing was
>_AFXWIN_INLINE HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxGetResourceHandle()
> { ASSERT(afxCurrentResourceHandle != NULL);
> return afxCurrentResourceHandle; }
>
>can anyone please kindly help me regarding this.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Raj.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com