From: R. MacDonald on
Hi,

I've just come back to working on the Fortran side of things after being
diverted by other languages. I'm using IVF in a Visual Studio IDE
(2003) to debug Fortran DLLs called from a VB.Net front end.

Previously I was able to view the values of Fortran variables in the
debugger, but I seem to have done something to lose that ability. Now I
just get messages like:

CXX0017: Error: symbol "intStatus" not found

One significant change I've made is upgrading to from IVF 9.0 to version
9.1, but reverting back to v9.0 (through the Intel Fortran section of
Options) does nothing to retrieve the symbols. So I guess that I have
inadvertently done something else.

One message listed in the Output window the might be relevant is:

Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\IMAGEHLP.DLL', Cannot find or open a
required DBG file.

But I haven't been able to understand what this means.

Any help or suggestions would be most gratefully receive.

Thanks,
Randy
From: Beliavsky on
On Mar 15, 12:03 am, "R. MacDonald" <sci...(a)NO-SP-AMcips.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just come back to working on the Fortran side of things after being
> diverted by other languages. I'm using IVF in a Visual Studio IDE
> (2003) to debug Fortran DLLs called from a VB.Net front end.

<snip>

The best place to ask this compiler-specific question, where you can
get an answer from developers of the Intel Visual Fortran compiler, is
the IVF forum at http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/isn/Community/en-US/forums/1005/ShowForum.aspx
..