From: mattsdad on
I have been working on a simulator that simulates multiple objects
simultaneously. I use MS Visual Studio with Intel Fortran on Windows
and Intel Fortran on Linux. I have made everything within the main
simulation loop pure so that we could try making the simulator run
faster on multi-processor machines. I added the OMP Parallel Do
construct around the main simulation loop. The simulator immediately
ran 45% faster on a two processor Linux machine, but the same code is
a tiny bit slower on the Windows machine.

Do I need to do something extra in MS Visual Studio to get it to
generate code that looks for extra processors? (The Windows machine
where the .exe was linked only has one processor.)

From: Beliavsky on
On Mar 6, 1:36 pm, "mattsdad" <matts...(a)email.com> wrote:
> I have been working on a simulator that simulates multiple objects
> simultaneously. I use MS Visual Studio with Intel Fortran on Windows
> and Intel Fortran on Linux. I have made everything within the main
> simulation loop pure so that we could try making the simulator run
> faster on multi-processor machines. I added the OMP Parallel Do
> construct around the main simulation loop. The simulator immediately
> ran 45% faster on a two processor Linux machine, but the same code is
> a tiny bit slower on the Windows machine.
>
> Do I need to do something extra in MS Visual Studio to get it to
> generate code that looks for extra processors? (The Windows machine
> where the .exe was linked only has one processor.)

The best place to ask this compiler-specific question, where you can
get an answer from developers of the Intel Visual Fortran compiler, is
the IVF forum at http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/isn/Community/en-US/forums/1005/ShowForum.aspx
..

From: mattsdad on
> The best place to ask this compiler-specific question, where you can
> get an answer from developers of the Intel Visual Fortran compiler, is
> the IVF forum athttp://softwarecommunity.intel.com/isn/Community/en-US/forums/1005/Sh...
> .

Thanks