From: Vijay on
Hi,
I have created an activex control that works fine in the activex test
container of TCTCON.exe but when I try to embedd it in webpage, I get Debug
assertion failed error with reference to file:afxwin2.inl. line 168.
The code thats written at this line in afxwin.inl is :

AFXWIN_INLINE void CWnd::UnlockWindowUpdate(){ ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd));
::LockWindowUpdate(NULL); }

Can u suggest that how this assert can be removed.
Thanks in advance,
Vijay

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Yes. Make sure that when that operation is invoked, you have a valid window handle in the
object! That's what it is complaining about. Since you have said absolutely nothing about
what you are doing with it in your application, it is impossible to guess why you are
trying to use it before it exists. A code sample would be a big help.
joe

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:52:04 +0530, "Vijay" <hello_vc2003(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have created an activex control that works fine in the activex test
>container of TCTCON.exe but when I try to embedd it in webpage, I get Debug
>assertion failed error with reference to file:afxwin2.inl. line 168.
>The code thats written at this line in afxwin.inl is :
>
>AFXWIN_INLINE void CWnd::UnlockWindowUpdate(){ ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd));
>::LockWindowUpdate(NULL); }
>
>Can u suggest that how this assert can be removed.
>Thanks in advance,
>Vijay

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com