From: David on

Anyone know of a AMD64 compatible symdeb/debug (command line) type debugger?
I use them all the time to test instruction results. For i386 I use ddeb,
but don't know of an AMD64 version?
From: BGB / cr88192 on

"David" <this(a)is.invalid> wrote in message

> Anyone know of a AMD64 compatible symdeb/debug (command line) type
> debugger? I use them all the time to test instruction results. For i386 I
> use ddeb, but don't know of an AMD64 version?

for which OS?...

if Windows, I am using WinDbg, but granted this is not a command-line
debugger.
still has support for disassembly, ...

for Linux, there is GDB...

I think there may be a Win64 port of GDB by now, but I have not checked.

I forget where exactly, but I think there was also a command-line debugger
which was available in source form mostly to demonstrate the ToolHlp and
DbgHlp libraries.

From: Frank Kotler on
David wrote:

> Anyone know of a AMD64 compatible symdeb/debug (command line) type
> debugger? I use them all the time to test instruction results. For i386
> I use ddeb, but don't know of an AMD64 version?

Sztacheta - jozeksztacheta wrote... but the clax86 moderation software
ate his post (for some reason)

Try FDBG

http://feryno.host.sk/

Sorry to have dropped your post - hope I've got it right! Thanks!

Best,
Frank

From: Alexei A. Frounze on

On Jan 4, 2:25 pm, "BGB / cr88192" <cr88...(a)MUNGED.microcosmotalk.com>
wrote:
> "David" <t...(a)is.invalid> wrote in message

> > Anyone know of a AMD64 compatible symdeb/debug (command line) type
> > debugger? I use them all the time to test instruction results.  For i386 I
> > use ddeb, but don't know of an AMD64 version?
>
> for which OS?...
>
> if Windows, I am using WinDbg, but granted this is not a command-line
> debugger.
> still has support for disassembly, ...
>
> for Linux, there is GDB...
>
> I think there may be a Win64 port of GDB by now, but I have not checked.
>
> I forget where exactly, but I think there was also a command-line debugger
> which was available in source form mostly to demonstrate the ToolHlp and
> DbgHlp libraries.

Other Microsoft debuggers (console) are:
NTSD, CDB and KD.
NTSD is in \windows\system32 on WinXP.

See more here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc267445.aspx

Alex
From: David on

"BGB / cr88192" <cr88192(a)MUNGED.microcosmotalk.com> wrote in message

> "David" <this(a)is.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> Anyone know of a AMD64 compatible symdeb/debug (command line) type
>> debugger? I use them all the time to test instruction results. For i386
>> use ddeb, but don't know of an AMD64 version?
>
> for which OS?...
>

> if Windows, I am using WinDbg, but granted this is not a command-line
> debugger.
> still has support for disassembly, ...

Windows .. there is CDB as well - but I just want to open the debugger, type
"a", do my own thing, hit "t" a couple to see the results.

> for Linux, there is GDB...
>
> I think there may be a Win64 port of GDB by now, but I have not checked.

I'll search for that.