From: Tim Roberts on
If I build an application in debug mode in Visual Studio 2005 that happens
to reference something in the oleacc.idl, and I link it with the brand-new
Windows 7 SDK, I get a linker error complaining about the debug information
in the library, suggesting that I recompile it. The error only happens
with the /debug switch to the linker.

If I were actually invoking <oleacc.h> by hand, as in my test app, I could
include <initguid.h> before it to eliminate the external reference.
However, in my case, <oleacc.h> is being brought in by ATL, and it might
not be convenient to use <initguid.h> on every GUID. The problem does not
occur with the Vista SDK.

I don't seen any references to this problem on the web, but I can't imagine
I'm the first one to encounter this. This is a minimal test case, but I am
seeing this with production apps.

C:\tmp>type x.cpp
#include <windows.h>
#include <oleacc.h>

int
main()
{
return (int)&IID_IAccessible;
}

C:\tmp>cl x.cpp /Zi /link /libpath:\data\sdk\7600\lib
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.762 for
80x86

x.cpp
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762

/out:x.exe
/debug
/libpath:\data\sdk\7600\lib
x.obj
uuid.lib(oleacc_i.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information
corrupt; recompile module

C:\tmp>
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: Tom Walker on
"Tim Roberts" <timr(a)probo.com> wrote in message
> If I build an application in debug mode in Visual Studio 2005 that happens
> to reference something in the oleacc.idl, and I link it with the brand-new
> Windows 7 SDK, I get a linker error complaining about the debug
> information
> in the library, suggesting that I recompile it. The error only happens
> with the /debug switch to the linker.

I saw a hotfix for this problem somewhere. It might be this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/949009/

From: Giovanni Dicanio on

"Tim Roberts" <timr(a)probo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> If I build an application in debug mode in Visual Studio 2005 that happens
> to reference something in the oleacc.idl, and I link it with the brand-new
> Windows 7 SDK, I get a linker error complaining about the debug
> information
> in the library, suggesting that I recompile it. The error only happens
> with the /debug switch to the linker.

I think it was discussed also in the Windows SDK Blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowssdk/archive/2009/05/22/windows-7-sdk-with-visual-c-2005-failure-to-compile-in-debug-mode.aspx

Giovanni

From: Tim Roberts on
"Tom Walker" <nobody(a)example.com> wrote:
>"Tim Roberts" <timr(a)probo.com> wrote:
>
>> If I build an application in debug mode in Visual Studio 2005 that happens
>> to reference something in the oleacc.idl, and I link it with the brand-new
>> Windows 7 SDK, I get a linker error complaining about the debug
>> information
>> in the library, suggesting that I recompile it. The error only happens
>> with the /debug switch to the linker.
>
>I saw a hotfix for this problem somewhere. It might be this one:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/949009/

Excellent -- that fixes it. A rare failure in my Google-fu.