From: "chris kimpton" <chris on
how do i get my default gateway back online? it doesnt work when i click on
repair in the msn fixing area. chris
From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings Chris,

Your "default gateway" is the TCP/IP gateway which connects you from your network to the
global Internet. What the troubleshooter is telling you is that it can't ping that gateway
(which doesn't necessarily mean a problem).

Assuming your other Internet apps are functioning, this isn't necessarily a problem.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2006 Jonathan Kay.

From: Alan on
i have the same problem, but the problem is i cant sign-in to the messenger
service without the default gateway working.