From: Abie on
I've got an HP LaserJet M1522nf and can't figure out if there is a way
to change the default scanner settings.

The one in particular I need to set is for the brightness. For some
reason I have to adjust the brightness every time I scan or the
document is so light I can barely read it.

I do not have the HP software installed, just the basic drivers needed
for printing/scanning/faxing.

Mostly I just use the Scanner/Camera Wizard, the Microsoft Office
Document Scanner program or scan into Adobe Acrobat (use the WIA
option , not TWAIN).

Thanks!

Abigail
From: CSM1 on
Abie <abigail363(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:03339589-ae3f-486d-bbb3-
e585d19c2bd6(a)l13g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

> I've got an HP LaserJet M1522nf and can't figure out if there is a way
> to change the default scanner settings.
>
> The one in particular I need to set is for the brightness. For some
> reason I have to adjust the brightness every time I scan or the
> document is so light I can barely read it.
>
> I do not have the HP software installed, just the basic drivers needed
> for printing/scanning/faxing.
>
> Mostly I just use the Scanner/Camera Wizard, the Microsoft Office
> Document Scanner program or scan into Adobe Acrobat (use the WIA
> option , not TWAIN).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Abigail

What do you mean, you do not have the HP software installed?

You must have at a minimum the Twain Driver installed.

If you do have or will install the HP Twain driver, you can use Irfanview
Viewer as a Twain Scanner interface.

http://www.irfanview.com/

You need to install the Irfanview Plug-in also

In the HP Twain Driver you can use a "Pro" mode or Advanced Mode to set
the parameters for scanning.

Much more control over the scan parameters.

In Irfanview on the file menu, select source first, then scan/acquire.
Once the source is selected, you do not have to do that step again,
unless you change scanner.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com