From: Jeff T. on
How do I change my default web browser I have tried going to "Set Program
access and Defaults" and changing it but it keeps going back to "use
current browser" which is Crome.

From: Paul on
Jeff T. wrote:
> How do I change my default web browser I have tried going to "Set Program
> access and Defaults" and changing it but it keeps going back to "use
> current browser" which is Crome.

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95417

The link given in the article, takes you here.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/Windows7/Change-your-default-web-browser

Start : Settings : Control Panel
Internet Options
Programs Tab
Try ticking the box for "Internet Explorer should check to see
whether it is the default browser".

If you want more fun, continue reading here.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/nopromptdefault.htm

HTH,
Paul
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
If you assign, e.g., Chrome as your default, OK your way out, and then check
the setting again, "Use my current browser" is already pointing to Chrome.
(Think about it.)

From: Elmo on
Jeff T. wrote:
> How do I change my default web browser I have tried going to "Set Program
> access and Defaults" and changing it but it keeps going back to "use
> current browser" which is Chrome.

Maybe Chrome, or some other software isn't letting the default browser
be changed.. Winpatrol or TweakUI come to mind as examples, though I
don't know that either of those actually have that option.

--

Joe =o)