From: Henry on
I'm running a 3GHZ Dell with 2G RAM and WINXP Pro SP2 and a Seagate
500GB external Hard Drive.

I won't bother your or embarrass me by stating I that I now have a
folder on my Seagate drive entitled "System Volume Information" which
doesn't belong there. It has zero folders, zero files and zero bits
of information in it. It has a grayed out Read Only box under
properties. I've turned off System Restore for this drive, I've of
course tried delete, and I've reformatted this drive twice. I can not
get rid of the folder. Again, it's on my external hard drive, drive
(K:\), it's *not* the one on my C:\ drive which I know enough to leave
alone.

Does any one know how I can get rid of this folder please?

Thanks,

Henry
From: philo on
On 08/03/2010 06:41 PM, Henry wrote:
> I'm running a 3GHZ Dell with 2G RAM and WINXP Pro SP2 and a Seagate
> 500GB external Hard Drive.
>
> I won't bother your or embarrass me by stating I that I now have a
> folder on my Seagate drive entitled "System Volume Information" which
> doesn't belong there. It has zero folders, zero files and zero bits of
> information in it. It has a grayed out Read Only box under properties.
> I've turned off System Restore for this drive, I've of course tried
> delete, and I've reformatted this drive twice. I can not get rid of the
> folder. Again, it's on my external hard drive, drive (K:\), it's *not*
> the one on my C:\ drive which I know enough to leave alone.
>
> Does any one know how I can get rid of this folder please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry

Moot point

even if you delete it,
Windows will just create a new folder

since System Restore is turned off, it will be empty
so it will take up essentially no room on your drive
From: Henry on
philo wrote:

> On 08/03/2010 06:41 PM, Henry wrote:
>
>> I'm running a 3GHZ Dell with 2G RAM and WINXP Pro SP2 and a Seagate
>> 500GB external Hard Drive.
>>
>> I won't bother your or embarrass me by stating I that I now have a
>> folder on my Seagate drive entitled "System Volume Information" which
>> doesn't belong there. It has zero folders, zero files and zero bits of
>> information in it. It has a grayed out Read Only box under properties.
>> I've turned off System Restore for this drive, I've of course tried
>> delete, and I've reformatted this drive twice. I can not get rid of the
>> folder. Again, it's on my external hard drive, drive (K:\), it's *not*
>> the one on my C:\ drive which I know enough to leave alone.
>>
>> Does any one know how I can get rid of this folder please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Henry
>

> Moot point
>
> even if you delete it,
> Windows will just create a new folder
>

> since System Restore is turned off, it will be empty
> so it will take up essentially no room on your drive
Why will windows create in on my external hard drive? It wasn't there
before I did something stupid. You are right, it is empty.

Henry
From: Daave on
Henry wrote:
> I'm running a 3GHZ Dell with 2G RAM and WINXP Pro SP2 and a Seagate
> 500GB external Hard Drive.
>
> I won't bother your or embarrass me by stating I that I now have a
> folder on my Seagate drive entitled "System Volume Information" which
> doesn't belong there. It has zero folders, zero files and zero bits
> of information in it. It has a grayed out Read Only box under
> properties. I've turned off System Restore for this drive, I've of
> course tried delete, and I've reformatted this drive twice. I can not
> get rid of the folder. Again, it's on my external hard drive, drive
> (K:\), it's *not* the one on my C:\ drive which I know enough to leave
> alone.
>
> Does any one know how I can get rid of this folder please?

Check out this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/80a20c0c249dbca/3677140a604159cc

From: philo on
On 08/03/2010 08:46 PM, Henry wrote:
> philo wrote:
>
>> On 08/03/2010 06:41 PM, Henry wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running a 3GHZ Dell with 2G RAM and WINXP Pro SP2 and a Seagate
>>> 500GB external Hard Drive.
>>>
>>> I won't bother your or embarrass me by stating I that I now have a
>>> folder on my Seagate drive entitled "System Volume Information" which
>>> doesn't belong there. It has zero folders, zero files and zero bits of
>>> information in it. It has a grayed out Read Only box under properties.
>>> I've turned off System Restore for this drive, I've of course tried
>>> delete, and I've reformatted this drive twice. I can not get rid of the
>>> folder. Again, it's on my external hard drive, drive (K:\), it's *not*
>>> the one on my C:\ drive which I know enough to leave alone.
>>>
>>> Does any one know how I can get rid of this folder please?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Henry
>>

>> Moot point
>>
>> even if you delete it,
>> Windows will just create a new folder
>>

>> since System Restore is turned off, it will be empty
>> so it will take up essentially no room on your drive
> Why will windows create in on my external hard drive? It wasn't there
> before I did something stupid. You are right, it is empty.
>
> Henry

Bill Gates knows what's best for you :)
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3