From: Bob I on

Henry wrote:
> Mark Adams wrote:

>>> How do I format in FAT32 please? When I click on format, the only
>>> choice I have is NTFS.
>>>
>>> Henry
>>> .
>>>

>> Do the reformatting in Disk Management. Detete the partition on the
>> external drive (make sure you select the correct drive letter),
>> recreate the partition, then format FAT32. Keep in mind that the FAT32
>> file system cannot handle files larger than 4 GB. If you plan on
>> keeping multi-GB drive images or large video files for example, on the
>> external disk, it will have to be formatted NTFS.
>

> Even when I do as you instructed, when I get to format the only choice
> I have is NTFS. I do not have FAT32 as a choice.

The partition size will have to be cut to 32 GB to allow FAT32 to be
used. XP will only permit NTFS on anything larger than 32 GB. If
"seeing" the System Volume Information folder is the only reason you
have for wanting to format the partition as FAT32, I'd suggest you leave
the partition formating alone, as there are a few differences you may
discover you don't want. Simply REcheck the box for "Hide protected
operating system files (Recommended)", and ignore it.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Default web browser
Next: Missing mshtml.hlp file