From: Kernel on
I purchased a Win XP Pro OEM CD on ebay several months back. The package
was sealed, and it included a COA. When I ran the setup today in a new PC I
built, it stopped numerous times with a popup saying a certain .dll can not
be copied (duser.dll; wind_w.chg.wmp.dll, etc). It gave me the choice to
try again with Enter; and most of the time it went on copying dlls in the
setup. I got thru about half a dozen of those problems, and when the
copying portion of the installation was about completed, a popup said STOP:
c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The image dll url.dll is possibly corrupt.
The header checksum does not match the computed checksum. From that point
the installation failed, of course.

I'm past the 45 day deadline for ebay to help me. Is there any chance
Microsoft will provide a replacement CD? Yeah, I know, two chances,
slim and none...

TIA

From: SC Tom on

"Kernel" <kernel64(a)bosworth33net> wrote in message
>I purchased a Win XP Pro OEM CD on ebay several months back. The package
>was sealed, and it included a COA. When I ran the setup today in a new PC
>I built, it stopped numerous times with a popup saying a certain .dll can
>not be copied (duser.dll; wind_w.chg.wmp.dll, etc). It gave me the choice
>to try again with Enter; and most of the time it went on copying dlls in
>the setup. I got thru about half a dozen of those problems, and when the
>copying portion of the installation was about completed, a popup said STOP:
>c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The image dll url.dll is possibly corrupt.
>The header checksum does not match the computed checksum. From that point
>the installation failed, of course.
>
> I'm past the 45 day deadline for ebay to help me. Is there any chance
> Microsoft will provide a replacement CD? Yeah, I know, two chances,
> slim and none...
>
> TIA

Don't know about your chances with Microsoft, but is it possible you have a
defective CD drive?
--
SC Tom

From: Doum on
"Kernel" <kernel64(a)bosworth33net> �crivait

> I purchased a Win XP Pro OEM CD on ebay several months back. The
> package was sealed, and it included a COA. When I ran the setup today
> in a new PC I built, it stopped numerous times with a popup saying a
> certain .dll can not be copied (duser.dll; wind_w.chg.wmp.dll, etc).
> It gave me the choice to try again with Enter; and most of the time it
> went on copying dlls in the setup. I got thru about half a dozen of
> those problems, and when the copying portion of the installation was
> about completed, a popup said STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The
> image dll url.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not
> match the computed checksum. From that point the installation failed,
> of course.
>
> I'm past the 45 day deadline for ebay to help me. Is there any chance
> Microsoft will provide a replacement CD? Yeah, I know, two chances,
> slim and none...
>
> TIA

Have you tried copying your CD? If the copy process goes through, the copy
might work.

or...

Do you know someone who has an XP pro OEM CD?

Just make a copy and used that copy instead with your own COA.

From: Kernel on
I wish it were that simple.

From: Kernel on
Yes, I copied it for the purpose of slipstreaming SP3. During that process
it also indicated that there was a problem with the OEM.