From: Brian on
OS: Ultimate Vista X64

Every Windows Defender Definition Update Fails
Failure Code FF.

Sometimes I also receive the error: "Self-extracting Cabinet has stopped
working"
From: Engel on
Hello Brian,

You might try this.

Go to the main Windows Update window and click on "Installed Updates" (on
the left-hand side of the window, at the bottom), and then remove "Update for
Microsoft Windows (KB931099)" (only).

Reboot. Reboot again. Go back to Windows Update, and re-install the same
update, by clicking on the Check for Updates button.

Other folks may have additional ideas for you; hope this helps a bit, see if
that helps.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works Âșut.

Good luck