From: socs on
Windows Vista is set to automatically update. I noticed today that updates
had been failing and these were the codes received ... It is a brand new
Toshiba ... Any ideas out there?
--
socs
From: MowGreen [MVP] on
Try this:
Vista Backup error 0x80071A91 and/or failed Windows Updates
http://blogs.vertigo.com/personal/alexark/Blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=5

Basically, what's needed to be done is to run an Elevated Command Prompt
with this command:

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

From: socs on
I tried that mow .. it says there is not a resource manager. grrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanks for trying.
--
socs

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399

Try this command from an Elevated Command Prompt:

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\

The \ was missing from the previous one.

If no joy, please post the WindowsUpdate.log located in the WINDOWS
directory [folder] after making another attempt at downloading or
installing the updates is made.
I *think* you can locate the log by going to Start Search and entering
windowsupdate.log .
If not, try Start > Run > type in

%windir%\windowsupdate.log
Click OK or press Enter