From: Debbie on
When I tried to install the Windows Update on the Framework, there's an error
page that comes up saying SL10.temp has encounter a problem and needs to
close. Both of the Microsoft. Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 will download but
won't install. In the Add and remove programs, the Microsoft. Net Framework
1.1 and 2.0 is there. The Security Update for the Microsoft Net Framework 2.0
(k8928365) is also there but no file size at all. Should I uninstall all of
the Framework and try installing it again? Thank you
--
mrstutman
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
First, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this recent post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/4d76de7769d04493

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: Edward W. Thompson on

"Debbie" <mrstutman(a)msn.com> wrote in message
> When I tried to install the Windows Update on the Framework, there's an
> error
> page that comes up saying SL10.temp has encounter a problem and needs to
> close. Both of the Microsoft. Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 will download but
> won't install. In the Add and remove programs, the Microsoft. Net
> Framework
> 1.1 and 2.0 is there. The Security Update for the Microsoft Net Framework
> 2.0
> (k8928365) is also there but no file size at all. Should I uninstall all
> of
> the Framework and try installing it again? Thank you
> --
> mrstutman

The short answer is yes, you will almost certainly need to uninstall and
reinstall. There is a remote possibility that a repair can be made but the
time taken to trace the problem may be greater than that required to
uninstall/reinstall.

You will need to follow the advice found by 'googling' when uninstalling.