From: BrianB on
Our company is using IIS 6 and host multiple sites with Host Headers using
one IP address. When the IP address of the web server is used in a web
browser, IIS returns one of the hosted web sites. How can we determine which
site is returned when the IP address is used?

Thanks, Brian

From: .._.. on
Use "All Unassigned" on the one you want to respond to the IP. (Even if you
are only using one IP.)

Then on _ALL_ of the rest of the sites, specify the IP, the port, and the
hostname in the "advanced web site identification" box.

That should cause invalid hostname/ip matchups to go to the first site, and
just the IP to go to the first site.

Note, this only applies to situations where there is no digital certificate
installed on any of the sites. If you install a cert, the site with the
cert will take over as the default.