From: gillypg on
I am having the same problem when I try to defrag my machine. There must be
someone out there that knows the answer. I loaded pctools 9.0 and it goes
through the steps of cleaning, but I still cannot defrag due to chkdsk /f
being scheduled to run on C: drive. I am going NUTS!!!!

From: Daave on
Two tips for you:

1. In the future, in order to get the best help possible, you need to
start your own thread rather than latch on to someone else's. What you
did is known is Usenet circles as "hijacking a thread." It causes
confusion and is considered poor "netiquette." Also, in your first post,
you need to include as much information as possible relevant to your
particular problem.

2. Instead of using Microsoft's problematic and clunky Web interface to
these newsgroups, you should instead use a news reader. Since you have
XP, you have a news reader (Outlook Express). This page will help you
configure OE to access these newgroups:

http://www.insideoe.com/resources/communities.htm

This clickable link will take you to this very newsgroup in your news
reader:

In order to answer your question, you need to describe exactly
everything that happens. For instance, did you reboot your PC? If so,
describe *everything* that you see during bootup. (In order to run
chkdsk, the PC needs to be rebooted.)

Also, which version of XP are you running and what Service Pack level do
you have installed?