From: Risse on

"Issachar5" <Issachar5(a)discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti
viestiss�:C2CA9BBC-A1B9-4871-9B1C-1731F3190C32(a)microsoft.com...

From: fabiola on

noticias:C2CA9BBC-A1B9-4871-9B1C-1731F3190C32(a)microsoft.com...

From: Paul Shapiro on
> "Issachar5" <Issachar5(a)discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> de noticias:C2CA9BBC-A1B9-4871-9B1C-1731F3190C32(a)microsoft.com...
>> I would like to setup a code that would delete data from a table based on
>> date range entered. Here is the scenerio, I have training database. Two
>> fields one for training hire date and the other trainer, I would like to
>> put
>> in a time that says 90 days from hire date the trainer's name is deleted
>> from
>> the trainer field. Is this possible. Please advise.

You could write a query that sets the trainerName to Null for any training
hire date more than 90 days ago, something like:
Update MyTable Set trainerName=Null Where trainingHireDate<Date()-90
You could add code to run that query automatically either every time the db
is opened, or every time a particular form is opened.

But it would seem better to keep the data by modifying the table structure.
For a training database, you might have tables like:
Courses (courseCode, courseTitle, trainingHours, description, etc.): A
training course which can be offered to students.
Instructor (instructorID, lastName, firstName, dateHired, etc.): A person
who can teach one or more courses.
Classes (courseCode (FK), classDateStart, instructorID (FK), etc.): An
offering of a training course.
Student (studentID, lastName, firstName, etc.): A person who can take a
class.
Enrollment (courseCode (FK), classDateStart (FK), studentID (FK), grade,
etc.): A Student taking a Class.

By separating the course and the class, you can keep all the instructor
records and keep all your training history.

From: Om on
yah

"fabiola" <fabiolita_aranguren(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Issachar5" <Issachar5(a)discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> de noticias:C2CA9BBC-A1B9-4871-9B1C-1731F3190C32(a)microsoft.com...
>> I would like to setup a code that would delete data from a table based on
>> date range entered. Here is the scenerio, I have training database. Two
>> fields one for training hire date and the other trainer, I would like to
>> put
>> in a time that says 90 days from hire date the trainer's name is deleted
>> from
>> the trainer field. Is this possible. Please advise.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Access 2003 Text Box
Next: Switchboard warning