From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 01:16:01 -0800, GLT <GLT(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>Thanks for your reply - you have been a big help.
>
>Point taken on all acounts - if you mean create a primary key by indexing
>the two fields then I got it - learnt how to do that in another thread I
>posted...
>
>The only thing is, if I have a Uid field (split from the date field) that
>the script creates, set to Indexed no duplicates, won't that cause an issue
>when when I load (import) subsequent sets of data? The script just starts
>each Uid from 1 everytime its run...

Well, then don't DO that.

If you want the UID to repeat, don't index it uniquely! It can be *ONE OF THE
FIELDS* in a multifield (two fields, up to ten fields) unique index; if you
have a two-field unique index on the UID and the datestamp, then either field
alone can have repeats, but the combination cannot.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: GLT on
OK got it - sorry learned about indexing after i developed my db, but will
change it to use indexing, hopefully makes things less complicated as well...

Thanks a billion for your help...

Cheers...