From: mls via AccessMonster.com on
I want to delete duplicate records by comparing 25 fields( basically check
all the columns) .
I always use distinct to check a single column but not sure how I can check
all the fields!!

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:28:32 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943(a)uwe>
wrote:

>I want to delete duplicate records by comparing 25 fields( basically check
>all the columns) .
>I always use distinct to check a single column but not sure how I can check
>all the fields!!

One way to do this is to create a new table with the same fields (copy and
paste the table, selecting design view only); then create an Append query with
its "Unique Values" property set to Yes. The SQL equivalent would be

INSERT INTO newtable
SELECT DISTINCT * FROM oldtable;

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]