From: Kevin B on
In Outlook 2010 (with Windows 7 and Exchange mailbox), when I delete the last
email out of my Inbox, the preview of that message still appears in the
preview pane. To get rid of it, I have to switch to another folder or
another area of Outlook (like the calendar)and then come back into the inbox.
This only happens when the last email from the inbox gets deleted. Is
anyone else experiencing this? Its an easy workaround it just drives you
nuts.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Kevin B" <KevinB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In Outlook 2010 (with Windows 7 and Exchange mailbox), when I delete the
> last
> email out of my Inbox, the preview of that message still appears in the
> preview pane. To get rid of it, I have to switch to another folder or
> another area of Outlook (like the calendar)and then come back into the
> inbox.
> This only happens when the last email from the inbox gets deleted. Is
> anyone else experiencing this? Its an easy workaround it just drives you
> nuts.

You're not alone and I reported it during the beta program. Apparently the
designers didn't address it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Kevin B" <KevinB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In Outlook 2010 (with Windows 7 and Exchange mailbox), when I delete the
> last
> email out of my Inbox, the preview of that message still appears in the
> preview pane. To get rid of it, I have to switch to another folder or
> another area of Outlook (like the calendar)and then come back into the
> inbox.
> This only happens when the last email from the inbox gets deleted. Is
> anyone else experiencing this? Its an easy workaround it just drives you
> nuts.

This has been accepted as a bug by Microsoft and is on their list of things to
fix.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]