From: RBoyle on
I attempted to delete a schedlued event on one of our public shared
calanders and recived the following message:

----------

This error may be the result of trying to delete more than 4,000
messages at one time.  Outlook can delete no more than 4,000 messages
when it is working with a server message store.
To avoid this error, delete fewer than 4,000 messages in a single
operation.
It is also possible that you do not have the appropriate permissions
to delete messages. If you need to delete content from a folder owned
by someone else, contact the owner of the folder to obtain the
necessary permissions, or have the owner delete the content for you.

-----

I am one of two exchange admins in the company, also, I have full
rights to this public calander. Can someone point me in the right
direction on how I can clear this appointment off of the calender?
The person who scheduled the appointment is no longer here and it
needs to be cleared so that people know that particular conf. room is
free during that time.

Thanks everyone for your help ahead of time.

Best regards,

Ryan

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] on
RBoyle <ryan.j.boyle.cpg(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I attempted to delete a schedlued event on one of our public shared
> calanders and recived the following message:
>
> ----------
>
> This error may be the result of trying to delete more than 4,000
> messages at one time. Outlook can delete no more than 4,000 messages
> when it is working with a server message store.
> To avoid this error, delete fewer than 4,000 messages in a single
> operation.
> It is also possible that you do not have the appropriate permissions
> to delete messages. If you need to delete content from a folder owned
> by someone else, contact the owner of the folder to obtain the
> necessary permissions, or have the owner delete the content for you.
>
> -----
>
> I am one of two exchange admins in the company, also, I have full
> rights to this public calander. Can someone point me in the right
> direction on how I can clear this appointment off of the calender?
> The person who scheduled the appointment is no longer here and it
> needs to be cleared so that people know that particular conf. room is
> free during that time.
>
> Thanks everyone for your help ahead of time.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ryan

Iin addition to the other replies - note that public folder calendars aren't
the best way to go for conference room booking, etc. Use a resource mailbox
& autoaccept.