From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:07:35 +1000, Steven Andrews
<applecontrolreset(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>SBS 2003 R2 SP2, exchange SP2
>
>I have posted in the SBS newsgroup, however I have since been advised to
>post here.
>
>Attempting to defrag exchange (private store) fails with error:
>
>---------------------------
>Callback DLL not found
>---------------------------
>Unable to find the callback library jcb.dll (or one of its
>dependencies). Copy in the file and hit OK to retry, or hit Cancel to abort.
>

>---------------------------
>OK Cancel
>---------------------------
>
>Clicking OK brings the error up again, and cancel stops the defrag.
>
>I have replaced the JCB.dll from a known working server. I have
>restarted the server, and the problem still exists.
>
>I attempted to register the DLL and received this:
>---------------------------
>RegSvr32
>---------------------------
>jcb.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
>
>This file can not be registered.
>---------------------------
>OK
>---------------------------
>
>I also receive this message when attempting to register the dll on a
>known working server.
>
>c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin is in the path statement.
>
>I have seen this error in the past on a different server, and
>successfully used dependency walker to find the missing DLL and put it
>in the right spot (in that instance dwmapi.dll). I attempted to do the
>same thing this time, found that msjava.dll was missing. I have grabbed
>a copy of this DLL from a working server, and dependency walker is
>showing no errors, however I still have the above error.
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273087 was less than helpful (replace
>the dll or cancel what your doing!)
>
>Some posts on the internet say create new store and migrate mailboxes to
>new store, sure that would work perfectly on enterprise, but not SBS (1
>store limit)
>
>Other posts say to remove 3gb switch from boot.ini, 3gb switch is not
>used in this case.
>
>Public folders defragged successfully.
>
>Any ideas on where I can look from here?

I see these posts periodically about problems with the jcb.dll file
and it seems they never get resolved. You may want to open a case with
Microsoft support if all else fails. ( And post here if you do figure
it out!)

From: John Fullbright on
Usually, when there's nothing wriong with the files, it's the file layout
that's suspect. If you put everything on the same physical spindles, then
pound those spindles, you'll get disk timeout errors. If eseutil times out
while trying to access a callback library...