From: Ron Jeffries on

http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/x50-x51-forums/226918-windows-mobile-6-
> > your-dell-axim-update.html
> >
> > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1631238
> >
> > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=322498
> >
> > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593539
> >
> > Again, I don't know / haven't tested any of these ROM's. Make sure you
> read
> > the threads carefully before upgading to any of them.
> >

> > "James" <566474(a)5422543.net> wrote in
>
> Werner, it seems my problem is that my Dell Axim x50v is running WM2003SE
> (Not WM 5.0) and those ROMS will only upgrade from WM5.
>
> I guess I will have to buy WM5 from Dell before I can do anything else...
> Is that right?
>
> Thanks
> James

Correct, but Dell no longer support your device, so you are unfortunately
out of luck and shafted.
Ron

From: James on

"Ron Jeffries" <privateaddress(a)privateaddress.net> wrote in message
> > Werner, it seems my problem is that my Dell Axim x50v is running
WM2003SE
> > (Not WM 5.0) and those ROMS will only upgrade from WM5.
> >
> > I guess I will have to buy WM5 from Dell before I can do anything
else...
> > Is that right?
> >
> > Thanks
> > James
>
> Correct, but Dell no longer support your device, so you are unfortunately
> out of luck and shafted.
> Ron

If that is true, its rather disappointing, cos I had hoped that I might be
able to give the x50v a new lease of life with WM6 or newer.

James : ((

From: Sven on
If you are willing to go the WM6 for X50 route, you might want to go to eBay
and look for an upgrade CD for your X50 to WM5. May or may not be any more
'official' than the WM6 upgrade, but I bet you can find one.

I have no experience with WM6 on the X50, but I can tell you the official
WM5 upgrade left much to be desired. Mine were downgraded back to 2003SE.
This was of course before WM6 existed, and the X50 has since been re-cycled.
(Given to a friend)