From: James on
I am getting extremely tired of problems with the Dell Axim x50v using
WM2003SE, and wonder if it would be worth changing to WM6? I understand
that there is a ROM available to upgrade, but would it be a bad move?
Anyone running WM6 with sucess on the x50v?

Or is it time to dump this PPC and look for something new?

Thanks James

From: r_z_aret on
On Sat, 8 May 2010 13:19:36 +0100, "James" <566474(a)5422543.net> wrote:

>I am getting extremely tired of problems with the Dell Axim x50v using
>WM2003SE, and wonder if it would be worth changing to WM6? I understand
>that there is a ROM available to upgrade, but would it be a bad move?
>Anyone running WM6 with sucess on the x50v?
>
>Or is it time to dump this PPC and look for something new?

The answer to each question really depends on just _what_ bugs you
about the x50v. For example, you'll be hard pressed to find a better
screen, and many things I dislike about WiFi have never improved.

>Thanks James

Robert E. Zaret, MVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
I can't really comment on the quality of the x50v port I use a WM6 cooked
ROM on the x51v (and a lot of other "old" PDA's like the HTC Universal,
Wizard, hx4700 etc.) On it, it runs just great.

r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com wrote in

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
BTW, you may want to check out

http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/x50-x51-forums/226918-windows-mobile-6-
your-dell-axim-update.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1631238

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=322498

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593539

Again, I don't know / haven't tested any of these ROM's. Make sure you read
the threads carefully before upgading to any of them.

From: James on

"Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" <no(a)emails.please> wrote in message
> BTW, you may want to check out
>
> http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/x50-x51-forums/226918-windows-mobile-6-
> your-dell-axim-update.html
>
> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1631238
>
> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=322498
>
> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=593539
>
> Again, I don't know / haven't tested any of these ROM's. Make sure you
read
> the threads carefully before upgading to any of them.
>

> "James" <566474(a)5422543.net> wrote in

Werner, it seems my problem is that my Dell Axim x50v is running WM2003SE
(Not WM 5.0) and those ROMS will only upgrade from WM5.

I guess I will have to buy WM5 from Dell before I can do anything else...
Is that right?

Thanks
James