From: Father Justin on
I believe it is a "teac" card reader. It cannot read SDHC cards - but
before the rebuild it was able to do exactly this.
The machine has a license for Windows XP Media Center edition 2005. I
tried the following hitfix:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428

It said I already have the latest service pack and refuses to install.
Other cards work fine < 4GB.

Other than switching to Mac how do I solve this slight problem? The
client has a bunch of videos from a JVC everio camcorder that need to be
transferred and burned to DVD.

If I have to get a new card reader - how can I get one that has a cable
that will fit the proprietary Dell header on the main board?
From: Daave on
Father Justin wrote:
> I believe it is a "teac" card reader. It cannot read SDHC cards - but
> before the rebuild it was able to do exactly this.

Sounds like a driver issue. Have you been to this page:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=DIMENSION%205100&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Or you may need to visit the "teac" Web site.

From: Paul on
Daave wrote:
> Father Justin wrote:
>> I believe it is a "teac" card reader. It cannot read SDHC cards - but
>> before the rebuild it was able to do exactly this.
>
> Sounds like a driver issue. Have you been to this page:
>
> http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=DIMENSION%205100&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
>
> Or you may need to visit the "teac" Web site.

Under the CD/DVD driver tab, is a couple items for TEAC.
What is interesting, is it has a driver, and it has "firmware".
I've never heard of firmware for a card reader before.
What will they think of next.

Paul
From: Father Justin on
Paul wrote:
> Daave wrote:
>> Father Justin wrote:
>>> I believe it is a "teac" card reader. It cannot read SDHC cards - but
>>> before the rebuild it was able to do exactly this.
>>
>> Sounds like a driver issue. Have you been to this page:
>>
>> http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=DIMENSION%205100&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
>>

>> Or you may need to visit the "teac" Web site.
>>

> Under the CD/DVD driver tab, is a couple items for TEAC.
> What is interesting, is it has a driver, and it has "firmware".
> I've never heard of firmware for a card reader before.
> What will they think of next.
>
> Paul

Dava, Paul;
I tried both with no success.
I'm flabbergasted - I have never seen drivers for a memory card reader
actually.
There's a hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428
Since SP3 is isntalled it won't install because it thinks its completely
updated. I might have to uninstall SP3, install that hotfix and then
reinstall SP3.
What do you think?
From: Daave on
Father Justin wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>> Daave wrote:
>>>
>>> Sounds like a driver issue. Have you been to this page:
>>>
>>> http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=DIMENSION%205100&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
>>>

>>> Or you may need to visit the "teac" Web site.
>>>

>> Under the CD/DVD driver tab, is a couple items for TEAC.
>> What is interesting, is it has a driver, and it has "firmware".
>> I've never heard of firmware for a card reader before.
>> What will they think of next.
>>
>> Paul
>
> Dava, Paul;
> I tried both with no success.
> I'm flabbergasted - I have never seen drivers for a memory card reader
> actually.
> There's a hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428
> Since SP3 is isntalled it won't install because it thinks its
> completely updated. I might have to uninstall SP3, install that
> hotfix and then reinstall SP3.
> What do you think?

I'm pretty sure SP3 is supposed to contain that hotfix. Either that or
there is another hotfix you need to apply. I will see what I can find.

Did you use a generic OEM XP MCE installation disk or a Dell-branded OEM
XP MCE installation disk? (I know you had downloaded the .iso, but do
you know which one you downloaded?)