From: Rajendra on
I am also facing the same problem.

Actually i am working on one application in .NET 2005 using C#. This application uses C++ unmanged code. This unmanged code calls functions of managed code. I have done this work by refering this MSDN site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828736. The machine that i am using has admin rights. The application runs fine at my machines as well as other machines those have admin rights. But when i build application at machine that does not have admin rights then two error occurs which says:

1. RegAsm : error RA0000 : An error occurred while writing the registration information to the registry. You must have administrative credentials to perform this task. Contact your system administrator for assistance
2. Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Link Event..."

If i make installer of this application then it installs & works properly at machine that has admin right. But when i run the application at machine that do not have admin right then application does not run. I could not find what is happening.

Could any one please help me? It is very urgent. Any help would be highly appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rajendra Singh

From http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=error+RA0000+:+An+error+occurred+while+writing+the+registration+information+to+the+registry.+You+must+have+administrative+credentials+to+perform+this+task.++Contact+your+system+administrator+for+assistance+++RegAsm&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com
From: Family Tree Mike on
Generally, your choices are to run as administrator, or use only keys under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER, which are normally read/write. Installers are (I believe)
always running under admin preveledges to install. An application may read
from
other branches as necessary.