Prev: MAIL NOT SENDING
Next: hi
From: Lars Brownies on
$650 USD and $450 USD, for pro and light respectively, is indeed a bit too
pricey for me at the moment.

Compliments for how your software and the website looks.

Lars

From: Mark Andrews on
Thanks yea I didn't want to pay that much either, but in the end I caved.
My software goes to the public so I
can't have it do weird things like configuration screens (if by chance they
use earlier versions of Access).

Albert Kallal has a nice article on installation using some of the standard
tools.
I don't have the url right now, sure you could find it.

--

> $650 USD and $450 USD, for pro and light respectively, is indeed a bit too
> pricey for me at the moment.
>
> Compliments for how your software and the website looks.
>
> Lars
>

> "Mark Andrews" <mandrews___NOSPAM___(a)rptsoftware.com> schreef in bericht
>> Once you double click on an Access2007 database and it opens in Access
>> 2007 runtime the next time it will not show the configuration screen
>> (unless something from Office 2003 was used). I think it's any program
>> in Office 2003, it might just be Access 2003 (not 100% sure).
>>
>> If you need to have some portion of both versions of Office and don't
>> want configuration screens I know of no other solution other than
>> sage. Here's an article on how I did it:
>> http://www.rptsoftware.com/help/microsoft_access_thirdparty/sagekey.asp
>>
>> Sage is a little pricey.
>>
>> You could download my donation software (which is a sage installation) if
>> you just want to see it in action. I don't think you have any interest
>> in donation software. The EXE does get a little big when you add in the
>> Microsoft Runtime.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> --
>> Mark Andrews
>> RPT Software
>> http://www.rptsoftware.com
>> http://www.donationmanagementsoftware.com
>>
>> "Lars Brownies" <Lars(a)Browniew.com> wrote in message
>>> A customer has office 2003 installed including Access 2003. He never
>>> uses Access 2003.
>>>
>>> If I want to deploy my A2007 app on his machine would it be best to:
>>> - remove A2003, and
>>> - install A2007 runtime,
>>> to prevent the configuration screen from popping up?
>>>
>>> Another question: is it good practice to use the Package Solution Wizard
>>> of the Developers Extensions? Or would you advice another solution for
>>> that?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Lars

First  |  Prev  |