Prev: MAIL NOT SENDING
Next: hi
From: Lars Brownies on
A customer has office 2003 installed including Access 2003. He never uses
Access 2003.

If I want to deploy my A2007 app on his machine would it be best to:
- remove A2003, and
- install A2007 runtime,
to prevent the configuration screen from popping up?

Another question: is it good practice to use the Package Solution Wizard of
the Developers Extensions? Or would you advice another solution for that?

Thanks,

Lars

From: Jerry Whittle on
If you removed A2003 and he uses it to modify databases, he won't be too
happy with you putting in the A2007 run time.

My vote would be to upgrade him to Office 2007 Professional.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Lars Brownies on
Thanks. He only uses A2003 to run the 2003 version of my app so no immediate
need for upgrade.

Lars

From: Lars Brownies on
For anyone interested I found an interesting article about the developer's
extensions:

http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2009/01/20/access-developer-extensions-2007-updates.aspx

Lars

From: Mark Andrews on
Once you double click on an Access2007 database and it opens in Access 2007
runtime the next time it will not show the configuration screen (unless
something from Office 2003 was used). I think it's any program in Office
2003, it might just be Access 2003 (not 100% sure).

If you need to have some portion of both versions of Office and don't want
configuration screens I know of no other solution other than
sage. Here's an article on how I did it:
http://www.rptsoftware.com/help/microsoft_access_thirdparty/sagekey.asp

Sage is a little pricey.

You could download my donation software (which is a sage installation) if
you just want to see it in action. I don't think you have any interest
in donation software. The EXE does get a little big when you add in the
Microsoft Runtime.

HTH,

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software

"Lars Brownies" <Lars(a)Browniew.com> wrote in message
> A customer has office 2003 installed including Access 2003. He never uses
> Access 2003.
>
> If I want to deploy my A2007 app on his machine would it be best to:
> - remove A2003, and
> - install A2007 runtime,
> to prevent the configuration screen from popping up?
>
> Another question: is it good practice to use the Package Solution Wizard
> of the Developers Extensions? Or would you advice another solution for
> that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lars

 |  Next  |  Last