From: DanB on

I have moved on to testing our deployment. The app data destination is
not on the drop down in 9.0. But I've found that entering:
[LocalAppDataFolder]\MyAppData

Makes it work flawlessly. So I'm satisfied with my deployments now. It
gets you one folder for all the data, with full privileges for your app,
tested on 7.

Also, Instyler SmartSetup, (I'm plugging the guy as I'm very happy with
his software), works without the need to change shortcuts to
non-advertised. I use to change them to prevent self healing with the
old Instyler.

And if you use the registry, [USERDIR] will point to this path.

Best, Dan.