From: Bill on
In Access 2007, I have a graph in Design View which shows differently in Form
View. In other words, the information that is plotted in the graph shows
differently in the two views. Why is this?

Thank you,

Bill
From: Al Campagna on
Bill,
Your probably saying the design data displays an earlier design results,
but the form view graph data is correct.
The graphs have acted that way for the past Access versions as well.
I think the Graphing in Access is borrowed from Excel, and does not update
in design view as it should.

One way around that, is to run the query behind the graph in design
view, and copy and paste the query results into the graph's associated excel
spread sheet.
That will "smack the graph up side the head", and get the latest values
show in design... as well as form view.
--
hth
Al Campagna

From: Bill on
Al:

You are correct in your assessment of what is happening with showing old
data in design view and current data in form view.

Could you please be more specific in what I should do to correct the
problem. May be a step by step solution.

Thanks,

Bill

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
This behavior has been around since graphing was first introduced in Access
and no one has ever considered it to be worthy of trying to change. I don't
understand why you consider this to be a problem. Once built, forms and
reports should never be viewed in Design View at all. Some of Access's file
formats make it impossible to view a form or report in Design View.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Al Campagna on
Bill,
As Arvin Meyer pointed out in his post, what a graph displays in
design mode is not really a problem, as long as it displays correctly
in form view.

However...
Go into Design View for the chart.
Bring up the design grid for the query that is your RowSource for the
chart.
Run that query from the design grid.
Copy the resulting grid/datasheet of records returned.
Paste those records into the spreadsheet associated with the chart
design.
Your design values and view values should now be in sync.

Be aware however, that they may not stay in sych, when the "design" data
changes.
I wouldn't worry about it until the graph was all nailed down, and then
sync... just
for appearance sake...