From: Peter Olcott on
On 5/19/2010 2:51 PM, Leigh Johnston wrote:

> "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Again you forget the primary purpose of this whole line-of-reasoning.
>> The goal is to show that it is not possible to construct a faster
>> lexer than the one based on a state transition matrix.

> What is the difference between "primary purpose" and "main purpose"?
>
> I give up, your replies are too troll-like whether intentionally or not.
>
> /Leigh

The purpose of the software is to validate UTF-8 and translate it into
UTF-32 as fast as possible.

The purpose of this thread is to show that alternatives to state
transition matrix based solutions to this problem must be slower.
From: Pete Delgado on

> On 5/19/2010 11:37 AM, Leigh Johnston wrote:
>>

>> "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
>
>> Stop spamming this newsgroup with your UTF-8 DFA irrelevance.
>>
>> /Leigh
>
> Several people specifically requested that I back up my claims, so I did.-

What you have posted is far from complete, compiled, tested and working
properly... Thus I still await the presentation of your *completed* code.

-Pete

From: Peter Olcott on
On 5/19/2010 4:29 PM, Pete Delgado wrote:
> "Peter Olcott"<NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
>> On 5/19/2010 11:37 AM, Leigh Johnston wrote:
>>>

>>> "Peter Olcott"<NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Stop spamming this newsgroup with your UTF-8 DFA irrelevance.
>>>
>>> /Leigh
>>
>> Several people specifically requested that I back up my claims, so I did.-
>
> What you have posted is far from complete, compiled, tested and working
> properly... Thus I still await the presentation of your *completed* code.
>
> -Pete

Right, and it is coming. It would only take me a few hours to complete
it. I will spend about twenty minutes on it every day.