From: BNSGuy on
I'm looking to (re)create a label for our company computers that will
display the system sensitivity. Sensitivity for our purposes is a
category/classification of information similar to Government
classifications. The values are string values that are stored in the
registry.

The label should take up no more than one text line, and will span
edge-to-edge, color coded based on the sensitivity level. (i.e. Bright
Red for Company Secret/Trade Secret, Orange for PII, Yellow for
Business Sensitive, etc.).

I know how to extract the label text from the registry. I know how to
set colors. I can create a "Widow" that has the appropriate Titlebar
(excluding color), what I can't seem to get is how to make a mode-
less, unselectable, unclosable label across the top of the screen.
Similar to the start bar, it should 'push' normal desktop content out
of the way, (in this case, down)

From: Todd Vargo on
BNSGuy wrote:
> I'm looking to (re)create a label for our company computers that will
> display the system sensitivity. Sensitivity for our purposes is a
> category/classification of information similar to Government
> classifications. The values are string values that are stored in the
> registry.
>
> The label should take up no more than one text line, and will span
> edge-to-edge, color coded based on the sensitivity level. (i.e. Bright
> Red for Company Secret/Trade Secret, Orange for PII, Yellow for
> Business Sensitive, etc.).
>
> I know how to extract the label text from the registry. I know how to
> set colors. I can create a "Widow" that has the appropriate Titlebar
> (excluding color), what I can't seem to get is how to make a mode-
> less, unselectable, unclosable label across the top of the screen.
> Similar to the start bar, it should 'push' normal desktop content out
> of the way, (in this case, down)

When you say "(re)create", how was it done before?

--
Todd Vargo

(Post questions to group only. Remove "z" to email personal messages)