From: Anida on
Despite formula I use (for example the most simple SUM) it always shows me
zero result even it should show a lot more. Values in other cells (cells that
I sum) are in number format. Why this happens??
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
It doesn't matter whether the cells are FORMATTED to DISPLAY as number;
what matters is whether the CONTENTS are numbers. My guess is that they are
text that might look like a number. If one of your numbers is in A2, what
do the formulae =ISTEXT(A2) and =ISNUMBER(A2) show?
--
David Biddulph

From: Max on
This quick fix might suffice for you
Instead of using: =SUM(A2:A5)
use this, array-enter it, ie press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula:
=SUM(A2:A5+0)
The "+0" will coerce all text numbers (if any) within the source range
(A2:A5) to real numbers w/o impacting their intrinsic values, and return the
desired results. Happy? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
From: Anida on
When I put =isnumber(a2) it shows me true, and for =istext false. What next?

From: Dave Peterson on
Make sure that calculation is set to automatic.

In xl2003 menus:
tools|options|calculation tab

And your range to sum does include A2, right?

--

Dave Peterson
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2