From: Umakanth on
Hello Everyone,

Is there any win32 API , which can detect the system when it wake up
from standby mode ? From a quick search I came across
"PowerModeChangedEventHandler" , but not able to use it because of my
poor understanding about it.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
UK
From: Jackie on
Umakanth wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Is there any win32 API , which can detect the system when it wake up
> from standby mode ? From a quick search I came across
> "PowerModeChangedEventHandler" , but not able to use it because of my
> poor understanding about it.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> UK

Please have a look here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa373247%28VS.85%29.aspx

How to find this page on your own:
Go to MSDN Library
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/default.aspx).

Next, go to:
Windows Development > System Services > Power Management > Power
Management Reference > Power Management Messages > WM_POWERBROADCAST
Message.

I think this is what you're looking for. :)

--
Regards,
Jackie
From: Jackie on
Oh yes, and PowerModeChangedEventHandler is from .NET:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.win32.powermodechangedeventhandler.aspx

--
Regards,
Jackie
From: Umakanth on
On Jul 20, 11:34 pm, Jackie <Jac...(a)an.on> wrote:
> Oh yes, and PowerModeChangedEventHandler is from .NET:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.win32.powermodechan...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jackie

Thanks Jackie, exactly the one what i was looking for.
WM_POWERBROADCAST does the trick :)

~Umakanth

From: Jackie on
Umakanth wrote:
> Thanks Jackie, exactly the one what i was looking for.
> WM_POWERBROADCAST does the trick :)
>
> ~Umakanth

Great! Good luck!

--