From: Richard Pilkington on
Hi All

I need to be able to detect if the computer mu application is operating on has
an extended desktop on another monitor or data projector. I would like to open
a window on the extended monitor and maximize it there.

Has anyone got any suggestions or clues for me.

Thanks

Richard

From: Geoff Schaller on
Yes, just get the width of the screen.

GetSystemMetrics( SM_CXFULLSCREEN )

It will be double the single width in pixels

Geoff

From: Richard Pilkington on
Thanks Geoff

But not always true. Each monitor in an extended desktop can have a different
resolution. e.g. older data projectors do not support some of the higher
resolutions that we use lately. So if the width of the

Any idea how to open the window maximized on the extended monitor.

Thanks

Richard

From: Stephen Quinn on
Richard

> Any idea how to open the window maximized on the extended monitor.

Simple math

Monitor2Top := 0
Monitor2Left := ( TotalWidth2Monitors - WidthMonitor1 ) + 1
// Plug the values into the window co-ords // Check the syntax<g>
oWindow:Origin := Point{ Monitor2Top, Monitor2Left }
oWindow:Size := // I'll leave you to work this one out<bg>
oWindow:Show()

CYA
Steve

From: Amilcar A. Camargo on
Hi Richard,

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 08:43:02 +0200, Richard Pilkington <richardp(a)lukhozi.co.za>
wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I need to be able to detect if the computer mu application is operating on has
>an extended desktop on another monitor or data projector. I would like to open
>a window on the extended monitor and maximize it there.
>
>Has anyone got any suggestions or clues for me.

You can use EnumDisplayMonitors(...) from WinSDK. Have a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd145072%28v=VS.85%29.aspx for more
info on multi-monitor functions.

HTH,
Amilcar A. Camargo F.